Applications for scholarship are invited from the poor and meritorious students belonging to minority communities pursuing professional and technical courses to provide them financial assistance.
The Scheme will be implemented by the State Governments and Union Territory Administrations, which receive 100% central assistance from Government of India for the total expenditure under the scheme.
Students who get admission in technical/professional courses without facing any competitive examination will also be eligible for scholarship. However, such students should have not less than 50% marks at higher secondary/graduation level. Selection of these students will be done strictly on merit basis.
The annual income of the beneficiary/parent or guardian of beneficiary should not exceed Rs.2.50 lakh from all sources.
The application for release of fund from the state department must be received in the Ministry by 30th of September every year.
30% scholarship will be reserved for girls of each minority community in a state which is transferable to male student of that community in case of non-availability of female candidate in that community in the concerned state.
- Students, who have got admission in a recognized college to pursue technical/professional courses, on the basis of a competitive examination.
- Students, who have got admission in a recognized college to pursue technical/professional courses, without facing any competitive examination, will also be eligible for scholarship. However, such students should have not less than 50% marks at higher secondary/graduation level. Selection of these students will be done strictly of merit.
- A scholarship holder under this scheme will not avail any other scholarship/stipend for pursuing the course.
- The annual family income of the beneficiary/parent or guardian of the beneficiary should not exceed Rs.2.50 lakh per annum from all sources.
- A student residing in a particular State/UT will be entitled for scholarship under the quota of that State/UT only irrespective of his place of study.
Applications in the prescribed format may be submitted to the Secretary of the, deptt. of the concerned State Govt/UT administration, dealing with minority welfare, through the institutions where the students are pursuing technical/professional courses. The student must submit their applications to the state which he/she belongs to and not to the state where the institution where he/she is studying, is located.